Oh the dreaded Candida diet! If you’re in it, you may have a lot of questions, doubts, fears, etc… Let’s help get you through this!
I’ve been feeling guilt for my lack of sugar-free eating this last week due to travels, but my guilt was doubled when I received emails from some of you nice readers asking about the candida diet. It’s time to get back in the swing of things and back to being naturally sweet. Thank you for the nudge! For those of you who are new to our site, the three of us sisters suffered from candida for quite a few years and when we learned what it was and how to heal it, it led us down the path to natural sweeteners and ultimately, this blog. While we don’t follow the strict candida diet anymore, we do strive to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Whether candida is a problem for you or not, occasionally eating foods that are candida friendly is a great way to maintain a healthy, alkaline body. If you are following the candida diet, we have a big treat for you! While we don’t claim that the diet (or these cookies) will heal all ailments, we have found it to improve our own health. And while on the candida diet, we do claim these cookies to completely help your sanity!
One of the best things that can be done while on a candida cleanse is to increase raw vegetables, eggs and nuts. However, just living off of veggies for several weeks is no fun. For greater chance of success and staying devoted to the cleanse, delicious snacks and treats are in order! Let’s make some candida-friendly cookies!
These candida cookies are a great example of one treat we would eat when we followed the candida diet. You might be surprised that some of the items on the list are acceptable for the diet. You might also be surprised at how easy this recipe is. Don’t let that fool you, these cookies are candida diet perfection.
These cookies contain healthy fats, proteins and sugars that are all acceptable for the diet. The cinnamon enhances flavor, reduces inflammation and promotes good digestion. The xylitol sweetens these cookies while helping to kill the candida! Yes, xylitol is a fabulous lifesaver on this cleanse because it can help speed up your healing by killing off the candida! That’s a pretty sweet deal for a cookie. Please enjoy!
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, at room temperature
- 1½ Tablespoons Natural Unsweetened Almond, Cashew or Sunflower Seed Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Xylitol
- 1 Large Egg (if your eggs are small, please use 2 eggs)
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sea or Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract*
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour (or 4-5 Tablespoons Flour of choice, we like Spelt Flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, nut butter and xylitol together until combined. Add the egg and mix well. Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Add the cinnamon and flour and mix until combined. Scoop out the dough with a small cookie scoop and roll into smooth spheres. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan for AT LEAST 3 minutes.