You know we’re weeks away from Halloween and it can’t be all Zebra Striped Caramel Corn all the time. We’re going to find a way to entice ourselves to eat greens this month. Pizza sounds like a great way to do that, right? Piled with all the best greens and a hint of lemon, we may be on to something really special here.
Let’s start with the crust. We made a gluten-free cauliflower crust – spread thin so it has a nice soft, yet crispy-on-the-edges kind of texture. Then we add pesto because all green pizza’s should have it. All the usuals are added – fresh basil, lemon, lots of garlic and a good olive oil.
Spread it all on and then pile on your toppings!
Let this pizza persuade you. It’s fresh, it’s vibrant and it’s totally easy. It’s packed with proteins and raw greens in a variety of ways. You’re going to feel like a serious healthy green eating rockstar after making this because it’s just plain good. It’s good for you and your health. Let’s get a power house of green veggies into our lives. We like to be good and feel good. Yes, yes? We’ll be back with sweets coming up next week: Chocolate Almond Bark. Have a fabulous and green-filled week!
Green Goddess Gluten-Free Pizza
CAULIFLOWER GLUTEN-FREE CRUST
1 1/2 cups Cauliflower (about 1/2 a large cauliflower head)
2 Large Organic Eggs
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 cup All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
1/2 teaspoon Sea or Pink Salt
1/3 cup crushed Walnuts
1/2 cup Kale
1 1/4 cup Fresh Basil
3 Garlic Cloves
1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup chopped Curly Kale or Baby Greens Mix
1/4 cup Fresh Basil
2 Tablespoons chopped Celery
1/2 large Avocado, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender, add the 1 1/2 cups cauliflower with the oil. Blend until the cauliflower begins to resemble rice. Dump the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the two large eggs, salt and gluten-free flour. The mixture will be sticky!
- Pour the mixture on the prepared baking sheet with a spatula and smooth the dough out into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake in the oven for 20-24 minutes, until golden and the edges are nice and brown.
- While the crust is cooking, add the pesto ingredients into a food processor, except the olive oil. Pulse until it begins to come together. Add the olive oil slowly while pulsing the pesto to get the right consistency. Allow crust to cool 5 minutes before spreading the pesto on the crust.
- Spread the pesto on the crust, reserving the edge around the pizza. Top with the toppings, drizzle with a bit of lemon juice and enjoy!