I will never forget the first time I tried a mango colada. Oh my goodness. Pina coladas are all well and good but a mango colada? They taste just like a liquid orange starburst milkshake!
I haven’t had a mango colada in probably 3 or 4 years, but I have never forgotten the taste. The flavors of coladas are instantly nostalgic because they are associated with vacations and tropical paradises. This may be the reason we love coladas so much! Why not create this feeling at home while also making a colada that is 10 times healthier than any other colada you’ve ever had!?
Despite the fact that this mango colada is loaded with greens, it really does have a sweet tropical flavor. The best part is that it is not loaded with any artificial flavorings, dyes or sugars in order to create that delicious tropical drink. Instead, it has the real fruits to make that perfect, wonderful flavor – mango and pineapple! There isn’t even a hint of veggie flavor in this creamy tropical drink but you still get the satisfaction of eating your dark leafy greens. If you are desperate for something “tropical” tasting and healthy, this is the drink to whip up!
- 1 cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 cup lightly packed Organic Kale, Spinach or Super Greens Mix
- ½ cup chopped Mango
- ½ cup chopped Pineapple
- 1 Small Frozen Banana (or ½ Large Banana)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Ice
- ¼-1/3 cup Water
- Blend up the ingredients until creamy. Serve immediately or pour into an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 week.
- Serves 2 large smoothies or 4 smaller servings