I’ve been on a peanut butter pretzel chocolate kick ever since these.
When my husband and I began planning a weekend road trip for this spring, these flavors began circulating around in my head for a tasty travel snack.
I get hungry when I travel and I never want to be tempted by the gas station goodies. So when I knew this trip was coming up- I needed to have healthy munchies along for the ride and nothing could fulfill that like popcorn!
I tested this snack out on some friends and they really liked it! This recipe is absolutely wonderful because it makes a lot that goes a long way- so it can feed a group or last a long drive. The salty and sweet flavors manifest themselves differently with each handful and it’s got a fantastic medley of flavors to keep you going for another bite. The sweet peanut butter coating has a hint of vanilla and honey that compliments which ever chunk of goodies you pick out. It gives a nice touch to the heavenly dark chocolate chunks, the salty pretzels or the fresh healthy bite of popcorn.
Raw honey and dark chocolate are the only sweeteners in the dish, so this is one sugar free recipe you can probably easily make, having everything on hand. It’s such a simple recipe filled with hearty, filling ingredients. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, a salty craving, love peanut butter and chocolate or need to satisfy all three, this popcorn is perfect!
- ⅓ cup Popcorn Kernels
- ¾ cup Natural Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 4 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Grape seed Oil
- Dash of Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chopped Sugar Free Dark Chocolate
- ½ cup Roughly Chopped Pretzels (we use gluten free)
- Pop the popcorn kernels by your preferred method and place in a large bowl. Be sure to check for any unpopped kernels!
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat up the peanut butter, oil and honey. Stir until all combined and very smooth. Stir in dash of salt. Turn off heat and stir in vanilla until combined. Pour the warm mixture over the popcorn and stir until all the popcorn is coated.
- Add the chopped chocolate and pretzels and again, stir to combine. If you want your chocolate to stay firm, wait a minutes before stirring in the chocolate. Enjoy right away or at room temperature. Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.