There’s a park near my elementary school that had the largest evergreen, maple and oak trees. We could play in the “forests”and pretend to get lost in the small cluster of trees. When fall came around, the ground would be littered with fallen leaves, just begging to be piled and jumped into. What I might love the most about Fall is the colors of those leaves. Auburns, golds, mustard yellows.
It’s those colors that spark the magic of Autumn and begin to translate into our kitchens. Apples, caramels, pecans and pumpkin. Yes, our pallets change with the seasons and we mimic the colors of fallen leaves every chance we get. Today, let’s focus on the golden oranges of pumpkin. I made pumpkin pie chai pudding that reminds us of everything good about this season.
“Everything good” means pumpkin pie. It also means filled with everything good: proteins and healthy fats. This parfait is thick, creamy and filling. Vegan and gluten-free is a nice benefit with the layers of ultra soft cream and delicious pumpkin pie pudding. Make it in advance and even use the recipe in one big parfait instead of individual servings. If you can’t decide whether to eat this for breakfast or dessert, simply don’t! Enjoy it for both.
- PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING:
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Xylitol
- 2 cups Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- DAIRY-FREE CREAM:
- 1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Agave Inulin
- 3 dashes Stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spic
- In a bowl, combine all the pumpkin pie pudding ingredients together and mix well. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- In a separate bowl, whip up the coconut milk. Add all other ingredients. Fill cups or dishes, alternating with the two mixtures. Enjoy immediately. Store any leftovers, covered in the the refrigerator.