Everyone is talking about New Year’s resolutions and (it seems) eating nothing but green drinks. How can you not get inspired? Talk of healthy eating and hitting the gym is causing me to pick up my game a little. I can include more fresh, raw produce this year and I’m starting with more smoothies. This simple concoction is a favorite recipe to whip up often because I always have the ingredients on hand. Honestly, I can’t make a smoothie these days without adding in something green… but that doesn’t mean they can’t still be fruity and delicious!
I understand that sometimes adding vegetables to smoothies feels a bit much. We were all newbies once. This berry smoothie is a great transition to the ultra sweet fruit smoothies to the more green things. This isn’t a major mean green machine so it doesn’t totally feel like you’re sacrificing on flavor or texture. There aren’t too many green veggies in this to be offensive and the rich flavors of raspberries and banana will help you sneak this into any picky child or spouse. It’s hard to be mad at the greens in this drink when it’s practically pink and tastes very sweet! Make sure to use all frozen produce to create a nice thick milkshake style smoothie! It’s a real morning treat!
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/3 cup Frozen Broccoli
- 1 cup Frozen Baby Greens (spinach or kale)
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey or Agave
- 1 1/2-2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Add the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the full two cups of almond milk for a thinner drink or use a scant 1 1/2 cups for a thick milkshake consistency. Enjoy immediately or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.