There are certain fads that happened between 2012-2014 that took over the Internet, our closets and our kitchens.
Cronuts, colored jeans, coconut oil, water color prints, nutella and kale were all the rage. Some are still going strong. But some, like healthy vegan chocolate pudding made with avocado, isn’t at the top of our blog feeds anymore. Where did it go? This delicious trend is worth bringing back. Here we go!
We know recipes for chocolate avocado pudding were so popular because we posted two recipes on our own blog between 2012-2013. It’s so good! Now with Valentine’s approaching, we deserve to treat ourselves to something decadent and dreamy! This is a recreation of our basic chocolate pudding recipe.
Is there anything more enticing than piles of silky chocolate pudding? This recipe is fantastic for satisfying a chocolate craving in a secretly healthy way. Just a handful of ingredients are needed and this indulgence is all yours! The avocado, milk and liquid sweetener really create a delicious, creamy treat. It’s hard to believe this dessert is naturally sweetened and completely vegan. Enjoy the decadence!
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado
- 1 Tablespoon Cashew or Sunflower Seed Butter
- ½ cup Agave or Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup Almond Milk
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Stevia Extract
- Dash Salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine the ripe avocado, butter, sweetener and milk until smooth. Add the coca.
- Mix in the vanilla and salt and continue mixing until all ingredients are well combined and you have a perfectly creamy pudding. Top with berries or chocolate chips if desired.