This week is full of novelties. Recently, we posted a giveaway for GreenTeaHP, a new product we think you’ll love. Check the link if you missed it! But we’ve also been experimenting with other new things this week. Vegan meringue!
What’s this gorgeous vegan white stuff made of? The liquid from canned chickpeas! This liquid turns into a fluffy white meringue made without egg whites or cream or anything of the sort. We even kept it naturally sweetened!
You may have already heard of this trick but may have been a little too scared to try it. We’re living proof it really does whip into a light and airy treat. We can’t wait to experiment more with it! For best results with this cream, enjoy with a healthy fresh fruit tart… coming soon!
- 1 can Chickpeas or White Beans, beans separated from liquid
- 3 Tablespoons Agave
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Stevia Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the chickpea liquid to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the other ingredients and mix on high speed. Whip at least 9-10 minutes until stiff peaks form. The cream will begin to separate after a few hours, so it is best to enjoy it soon after preparation.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. When stored in the fridge, the mixture will lose the air and become a bubbly liquid, but whipping it again on high speed will return it to a fluffy cream. Enjoy it on cakes or cookies, fresh fruit or your favorite dessert.