This recipe is an adaption from the cutest little cookbooks, Lemon Poppy Seed Inc.
As soon as I saw the title “dream cookies”, I knew I had to try them. I couldn’t wait to make them sugar-free!
I made these cookies special for my dad. It was a quite night and I needed something exciting to do, and well… nothing is as exciting as chocolate cookies. When I told him I was making dream cookies, he told me that that would be an excellent idea, as it would give him something to dream about. Well, not only do these cookies create dreams people, they fulfill them!
They use both honey and powdered honey to help create a really soft, delicious texture and an unbeatable sweet flavor. With all the dreamy chocolate, you’ll have no idea you’re not eating a sugar-loaded cookie. That are that good. Sweet dreams to you!
- 1 cup Soft Butter
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 3/4 cup Powdered Honey (or coconut sugar)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups White Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Cream together butter and sweeteners. Add eggs and vanilla and mix together. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and then add to wet ingredients.
- Drop 1 inch balls on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes if you want more soft cookies, or 10 minutes if you like them a little more crisp. But don’t over bake, they should still be pretty soft when they’re done.And you should probably let them cool a bit, but by all means. I won’t let 10 minutes get in the way of making dreams come true.