Fill your home with the sweet fragrant smell of these baked cranberry muffins. The scent of this confection will get everyone in the mood for the approaching holidays.
Baked in over-sized muffin liners, these sweet muffins feel like an extra special indulgence from Starbucks or Nordstroms’ without the loads of unhealthy sugars. If you don’t have a large muffin pan, place liners on a baking tray about 2 inches apart and fill large liners carefully for the same results. The batter, mixed on high for several minutes, becomes such a warm and nutty mousse-like batter that it will take all your will power not to just eat it with a spoon and skip the oven all together!
Cranberry Harvest Muffins
2 Cups Coconut Sugar
¾ Cup Butter, Softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
2 Cups White Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 8-OZ bag Dried Cranberries, reserve a few for sprinkling on top of cupcakes
Slivered Almonds, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven the 350* F. Lightly spray oversized muffin cup liners and place in
- regular muffin pan. I staggered the muffin liners in the pan, slipping every other hole. This recipe makes 9 large muffins, so I put 6 liners in one pan and 3 in another.
- The liners will not sit all the way into the pan and this is okay. Of course, if you have oversized muffin pans, feel free to use them, but it’s not necessary. With a hand mixer, mix eggs and coconut sugar for about 5 minutes on high speed.
- The batter will increase in size and lighten in color. Next add butter, vanilla, and almond extract, and mix with hand mixer for another 2 minutes. Fold in flour, salt and cranberries until mostly combined. Don’t forget to reserve a few cranberries to put on top of the muffins later. Fill the liners 2/3 of the way full, not worrying that the liners don’t sink into the pans. Sprinkle on the slivered almonds and cranberries. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- NOTE: Baking time will be reduced for regular muffins, so watch carefully at about 12-14 minutes for normal muffins to not over bake.