My puppy boy is 4 months old now! There’s many advantages to having a puppy grow up and not just because they are potty trained.
Enzo is gaining more energy and stays awake for more than a couple hours at a time. It’s fun to take longer outings. Usually, he only needed about 10 minutes strolling around in the morning and he was set to sleep until the afternoon. This last weekend, I tested his limits. We walked up hills and ran a little bit and I actually broke a sweat. I knew he would definitely sleep afterwards, but he did great at keeping up! When we came home and had a good drink of water, Enzo collapsed on the floor for a nice snooze.
Then I got myself a snack.
Honestly, just having exercised is the best time to treat yourself with an indulgent Nutella treat! These dessert truffles were delicious! These bites are the best of both worlds – they are filled with healthy ingredients that are actually good for you!! I love the strong hazelnut flavor with that punch of protein and the lovely pile of melted dark chocolate over each bite. They have a nice balance of sweetness, making the justification for a post workout snack or a morning treat a little more encouraging!
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted Dates
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup or Agave
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink or Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Sugar Free Chocolate, melted
- Put the hazelnuts and dates in a food processor and pulse until a crumbly mixture. Add all the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth and well combined. Roll into little balls. Top with melted chocolate (technically optional, but highly recommended!), chill for 15 minutes for chocolate to harden or enjoy immediately!
[…] 21. Rich Nutella Truffles from Natural Sweet Recipes from Eat Good 4 Life […]
[…] Rich Nutella Truffles from Natural Sweet Recipes […]