I’ve needed this cold drink in my hand for the past week. It’s been a week of 4 recipes ready to post and then this site crashing and reverting back to it’s state from 2 weeks ago. Yeah, it was not a good feeling. If you were anticipating making the vegan fruit tart or the delicious coffee cake oatmeal bake posted just last week, my apologies, they no longer exist. I lost the recipes to those dishes during the crash (I just happened to delete them from my computer when the posts went live). How in the world did that happen? Like I said, I needed a cold drink this week. Let’s go to it.
Beside site crashes or missed deadlines or anything else that can go wrong, life really is beautiful this time of year. Anything is possible. The snows should be letting up and summer is on the horizon! I’m ready to move on to better (less stressful) things.
Let’s start this drink off with a bit of sweet and tart goodness from kiwi and lime. The weather is warming up enough to justify a cold, ice filled limade, so it’s full of those flavors. The frothy top and ombre appearance is a little more special and is sure to be the perfect pick-me-up this time of year. To really sweeten this drink without adding loads of calories, we added a bit honey (or agave) and stevia. It’s naturally sweetened and can be deliciously vegan. I say we keep our drinks chilled, our days warm and above all, our stresses light. Sweet Sipping!
- 2 Large ripe Kiwis, peeled (please use 3 if kiwis are small)
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Honey or Agave
- ¾ teaspoon Liquid Stevia Extract
- ⅓ cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (about 2-3 limes)
- 2 cups Cold Water
- 1 cup Ice
- In a high powdered blender, blend the kiwis, honey or agave, stevia extract and lime juice together until smooth. Add the 2 cups cold water and stir to combine. Serve over crushed ice and a slice of lime for garnish!